I love experimenting with different nut butters. Using a cashew base, you can switch up the other nuts for different flavors. Another great nut for butters is pecans. You can also add flavors to your nut butters. See my hazelnut cacao nut butter recipe for more ideas.
The longer you soak the cashew nuts the creamier the butter will be, and the faster it will process.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
- 1 1/3 C. Raw, unsalted Cashews Preferably soaked and rinsed.
- 1 C. Raw, unsalted Walnuts
- Pinch Celtic or Sea Salt More or less to taste.
- Place all ingredients in food processor.
- Process for 5-8 minutes, scraping sides as needed.
Soaking cashews ahead of time will give you a creamier nut butter. But if you just can't do it, no worries. It will still be fantabulous.
The better your food processor, the less time it will take.
I store it in a mason or Weck jar with a lid, rather than using the gasket and clips. The oils in the butter will make the gasket expand and you'll have to keep changing it out. I find that the nut butter lasts at least a month when stored in a cool place (pantry) with a tight fitting lid.
Leave a Reply