Coconut Lychee Smoothie
OMG! I made this today after coming across lychee fruit at the store. Then I saw young coconuts. I also grabbed cactus but that’s for dinner. Next stop was for ice cream and this puppy was sounding better than a pina colada. It is not low-calorie or low carb. But if you were inclined to add say, rum or something to it, it would be healthier than a drink full of added sugar or simple syrup. I have to go for a walk now, as I drank half the recipe (split it with my husband).
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Coconut Meat
- 1 Cup Halo Top Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Fresh Coconut Water
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes Add as much as you like to get to the texture you want.
- Use the water and meat from a fresh young medium to large coconut. There are many videos out there for how to crack a coconut. It can be tricky, but it's worth it.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
I entered this as four servings due to the calorie count.
Calories: 265; Fat: 21.3 g; Sat. Fat: 18.7g; Cholesterol: 20 g; Sodium: 131.5 mg; Total carbs: 19.4 g; Fiber: 7.85 g; Sugars: 9.5 g; Net carbs: 9.5 g.
Vitamin A: 1% Vitamin C: 23% Calcium: 7.5% Iron: 10.5%
Manganese: 50% Potassium: 11% Selenium: 9.5% Copper: 15.5%
Zinc: 5% Sodium: 5.5%
Leave a Reply